View location: Algonquin College Salon & Spa
SAVE THE DATE and mark your calendar for Sunday, September 22, 2019!
The event will take place once again from 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Algonquin College Hair Salon (Building A).
To register for the event click HERE.
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, so please help us spread the word by registering to participate in the fundraising and hair donation experience and by engaging with the event on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As you know from experience, Hair Donation Ottawa raises funds for cutting edge childhood cancer research and empowers kids with hair loss by providing them with free wigs.
Participants raise pledges to donate their hair and/or shave their heads and they will receive a complimentary wash, cut and style or shave at the event. Together with our volunteers and supporters we are proud to announce that have we have raised over $570,000 and donated over 25,000 inches of hair since 2011!
Participating hair stylists from various Ottawa area salons, as well as teaching staff and students from the Algonquin College Hair Stylist program, volunteer their time for this cause.
100% of the event proceeds go towards:
- Cutting edge childhood cancer research at the CHEO Research Institute.
- Two annual $500 Bursaries for financially challenged Algonquin College Hair Stylist Program students to help offset their tuition fees and/or textbooks.
- All suitable hair donations are used in the custom manufacturing of approximately 10 free wigs per year for children in need in the eastern Ontario / western Quebec region who are experiencing hair loss for a variety of medical reasons.
- We proudly support Green Circle Salons. All hair unsuitable for the wig-making process is used to make hair booms to absorb oil spills on the world’s beaches, lakes and oceans.
- The manufacture and supply of a free, trendy head scarf for every CHEO patient that wants one.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday, September 22!