SAVE THE DATE and mark your calendar! The 10th anniversary of Hair Donation Ottawa will be taking place as a virtual fundraiser from September 1-30, 2020.
Starting today, you can register to be a part of the 2020 Hair Donation Ottawa virtual fundraiser, presented by National Bank Canada. It’s fun, it’s safe and your participation will help a fantastic local cause.
To register, click HERE!
We have all been dealing with a lot this year, including some seriously out of control roots, scary mullets and bombastic beards. As life slowly begins to get back to our new normal, you can make your cut count by registering, donating your hair and making a real difference in your community.
Hair Donation Ottawa raises funds for cutting-edge cancer research at CHEO, empowers kids experiencing hair loss by providing them with free wigs and supports green initiatives.
Every donation will be used!
- Register online and commit to raising pledges for your donated hair during the September 1 to 30 campaign.
- Participants who meet the fundraising minimum of $100 will receive a goodie bag, and there are exciting new prizes available at each fundraising level!
- Braids of 12 inches or longer will be used to make wigs.
- Shorter hair, even beard trimmings, can be gathered in a plastic bag and donated.
- We will direct all hair collected towards wigs or Green Circle Salons in this first ever DIY Hair Donation Ottawa.
This non-profit fundraiser was founded by a cancer survivor, Helene Hutchings. Things may be different this year, but with the help of some amazing sponsors, dedicated volunteers and enthusiastic participants, this virtual event will celebrate courage and generosity while having a lot of fun along the way.