Papa Walks 4 Kids
Sunday August 27 to Thursday August 31, 2023
- Day 1: Kickoff Portage Anglican Church to Clarendon 10 km
- Day 2: Bryson to Campbell’s Bay Hwy 301 9 km
- Day 3: Otter Lake 2 km • Ladysmith to Charteris Hwy 303 11 km
- Day 4: Fort Colounge 4 km Charteris to Shawville 9 km
- Day 5: Quyon 2 km Walk Thru Shawville & Finale Shawville Fair 3 km Total 50 km (31 miles)
Join us anywhere along the walk and particularly for the kickoff and arrival parties:
KICKOFF: Monday, August 27th departing Portage du Fort Anglican Church parking area at 11:00 a.m.
Join us with your noisemakers and best cheers for kickoff and walk with him!
ARRIVAL: Thursday, August 31st arriving at the Shawville Fair at approximately 6:30 p.m. and joining the Opening ceremonies at 7:00 p.m.
- Give donations to Mackay family members.
- Send cheques to “Papa Walks” CHEO Foundation 415 Smyth Road, Ottawa Ontario K1H 8M8
- Donate online https://cheofoundation.donordrive.com/campaign/PapaWalks4Kids
About Papa Walks
Russell Mackay, Papa to many, has a big heart for kids. He raised over $120,000 for CHEO in 2020 by walking 125 km from Beachburg to Ottawa with great support from family, friends, companies and many CHEO families and supporters. While this would be a big goal for anyone, Papa’s journey is even more inspirational as he was 82 at the time, diabetic and legally blind.
Now he’s 85 years young, but that doesn’t stop him. After speaking with CHEO this summer, he’s decided they need our help again. They are launching their 1Door4Care campaign to build more rooms and capacity. Papa is doing the walking and has committed to put in the first $2000 to get this fund kickstarted. He would love to get that total to over $150,000!
We will have a trailer and group to walk with him and hope you, your family and colleagues will join in. Many laughs and stories will be shared along the way, all with heart for the cause.
What can you do to help?
– Follow and tag us on social media: #PapaWalks4Kids #Hero4CHEO
– Join us.
– Help spread the word.
– Donate today and let’s shatter his fundraising goals!
Corporate Partners: Do you have a business or organization that operates in the Pontiac, Ottawa Valley or Ottawa Region?
Silver Sponsor of the Day: $500+
Gold Overall Event Sponsor: $1000+
Join in with some corporate support and get some great recognition on the Papa Walks 4 Kids event page and social media!
Email [email protected] with your logo to become a #PapaWalks4Kids partner.